Epic Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private Practice's Audra McDonald Returning to Broadway

2 posters

Go down

Private Practice's Audra McDonald Returning to Broadway Empty Private Practice's Audra McDonald Returning to Broadway

Post  tammy Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Departing Private Practice star Audra McDonald is heading back to Broadway.

The four-time Tony winner will star in a new production of the George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward opera Porgy and Bess at the American Repertory Theater production in September, she told Playbill.com.

Audra McDonald to exit Private Practice

"I'm looking forward to it. I feel like I'm old enough [to play Bess]," McDonald said.

The new production is a re-imagining of the classic opera, which follows Porgy, a disabled beggar, and his love for Bess.

Benjamin Bratt joins Private Practice

McDonald, 40, announced last month she will leave Private Practice at the end of the season to be closer to her New York-based family. The actress won Tonys for her performances in Carousel, Master Class, Ragtime and A Raisin in the Sun.

printer cartridges
Retirement

tammy

Back to top Go down

Private Practice's Audra McDonald Returning to Broadway Empty Re: Private Practice's Audra McDonald Returning to Broadway

Post  heroisthai Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm

The four-time Tony winner will star in a new production of the George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward opera Porgy and Bess at the American Repertory Theater production in September, she told Playbill.com.

Audra McDonald to exit Private Practice

"I'm looking forward to it. I feel like I'm old enough [to play Bess]," McDonald said.

The new production is a re-imagining of the classic opera, which follows Porgy, a disabled beggar, and his love for Bess.

Benjamin Bratt joins Private Practice

st martin car rental
Funny SMS

heroisthai

Back to top Go down